Retrofit Assessors must be certified by an approved scheme to deliver retrofit work in accordance with PAS2035. Energy Trust have partnered with ecmk to offer a training solution with a seamless route to certification once the course is complete. Becoming a retrofit assessor through ecmk will mean that you are fully qualified to work on retrofit projects and use the TrustMark quality mark of approval.
To become a Retrofit Assessor you must be a qualified Level 3 DEA.
This 2 day classroom-based course will cover the following :
- An Introduction to PAS 2035 and TrustMark
- Building Physics ie: U-Values, Heat Gains and Ventilation
- Occupancy Assessments ie: the OA process and methodology for advising consumers around inputs and calculation results
- Condition Assessment ie: Site Constraints, Structural Defects and Estimating Energy use and Cost
- Attendees will also complete a Test Case on the final day to show their competence as a Retrofit Assessor
Upon completion attendees will then be qualified to carry out a retrofit assessment through ECMK’s scheme.
Attendees must complete and provide proof of 6 hours of CPD reading PRIOR TO THE COURSE on the following :
PAS 2035 - TrustMark scheme
PAS 2035 - TrustMark’s Code of Conduct
The role of the Retrofit Assessor