Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA's) are trained to collect information about existing domestic properties in order to generate an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
DEA's collect data on the dimensions, construction, heating and hot water provision of the property, and enter the information into an approved software programme. This generates the EPC. The EPC will show the energy performance on a scale A to G (A being most efficient and G is least efficient).
We provide Desktop and iPad versions of the Government approved RdSAP 9.92 software & the EPR required for ECO surveys free of charge as part of the training program.
Using the software, collating and interpreting data and lodging an EPC to meet the required standards is straightforward and explained thoroughly on our training program.
EPCs are required when:
- A dwelling is sold or rented
- Part of a Green Deal Advice Report
- Solar PV is installed (FiT)
- Solar Thermal & Heat Pumps are installed (RHI)
- Survey for ECO funds
Why become a DEA?
- High Earning Potential
- Flexible Hours
- Rewarding Career in a new & fascinating industry
- Foundation for other qualifications, such as On-Construction Assessor or Commercial Energy Assessor.